Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rocks for Mom



Emma woke up this morning in not so good of a mood. She didn't like her clothes, she didn't like her hair, and she didn't like her breakfast. So when she left for school, I hoped that she would come home in a better mood. She did, until she realized that she had homework. Everything started out OK, but when I asked her to write her name neatly she started to sing her nasty Christmas song:
Emma: You better watch out. You better not cry. You better not pout I'm telling you why, Santa Clause is bringing you rocks!
Mom: Emma.
Emma: He's making a list, he's checking it twice, he going to put rocks in your bed, Santa Clause is bringing you Rocks!
Mom: Emma that is enough.
Emma:Rocks,rocks,rocks,rocks, rocks, rocks, No Earrings or Necklaces just Rocks! He is bringing me a Wii. You will not play with me!
Mom: Time OUT Now!!!
Hopefully tomorrow she will be in a better mood. At least she has her rhyming down right?

2 comments:

tina said...

Hard to believe such sass could come from such a cutie :)

Lori said...

Okay, so maybe she's a little fresh. But Pete and I are peeing our pants, and will probably continue to sing "Santa Claus is bringing you rocks" and "he's bringing me a wii, you will not play with me" for weeks. HA!
love, Emma's godmother who adores her