Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game





Yesterday Memere, Poppa, Uncle Frank, Auntie Tracy, Elena, Stevie, Pat, Em, and I went to a New Britain Rock Cats baseball game. Swim Across the Sound, a wonderful organization that has helped my family in many ways, were honoring children that have survived cancer. I was a little worried because Em had never been to a live baseball game, and I didn't know if she would like it. She loved it!!!!! So we ate hot dogs , hamburgers, pretzels, fried dough, and ice cream sooo yummy!! We also got to watch a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee chase a donut around the field. We had such a great time and all agreed that we have to go back. On the way home I asked Em what she thought about the game, and she said, " I liked it when the coffee chased the donut, but how come he couldn't come and say hi to me?" I just laughed and said, "I don't know maybe it was time to make the donuts." When I put her in bed she hugged me and said, "Mommy thank you for bringing me to the game, and thank you for inviting my family. " I just smiled and said, " I love you Lady, goodnight."

1 comment:

Lori said...

Oh, so much fun!! I'm glad Emma had a good time.